Book editing, critiques, design, and free advice!
Sarah Cypher, editor and principal since 2003, served as a university press editor for three years and as a freelance writer and editor for thirteen. She holds a B.A. in Creative Writing, Phi Beta Kappa, from Carnegie Mellon University. Her writing has appeared in Crab Orchard Review, The Oregonian, Publishers Weekly, Salon.com, and more. She offers:
- Substantive and/or developmental book editing and critiques.
- Prepublication services for self-publishing writers.
- Regular free advice on book editing and writing
- A book! Check out The Editor’s Lexicon: Essential Writing Terms for Novelists (Glyd-Evans Press, 2010). The e-book is available on Kindle, iPad, and nook.
- A quality guarantee. She is a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association.
Short Stories and Agent Submissions
Janice Obuchowski, editor at the New England Review and an admissions board member of the Bread Loaf Writers’ Conference, brings her sharp assessment skills to your short fiction as well as your query letters and opening chapters. She’ll help move you past rejection and get you to that long-awaited YES.
Phillip Gessert, freelance designer, has over ten years’ experience in page layout and book jacket design. All projects are original work, and can incorporate your photographs and art. We coordinate with your printer to deliver press-ready files.